Instructional Systems Designer
Posted: February 17, 2015 | Arlington, VA | Consultant
ALIS seeks Instructional Systems Designers (ISDs) to work as Consultants supporting a variety of projects and clients. Our ISD Consultants are members of a project team, led by a project manager. Ideal candidates are ISDs with experience in the application of the adult learning principles and the ADDIE model to produce both Instructor-led training and eLearning (synchronous and asynchronous). ISDs working on eLearning projects use his/her expertise with various software platforms, and ensure training products are Section 504/508 and SCORM compliant. Our ISDs have access to subject matter experts (provided by either the client or ALIS) as resources to ensure content is relevant and current. ISDs are responsible for ensuring that training needs are assessed and analyzed, and serve as the foundation for the design and development of impactful, learner outcome-focused training and education experiences. ISDs also ensure that clear, measurable learning outcomes are developed based on training needs analysis; and that the learning experience is designed and developed to support learners’ mastery of the learning outcomes and client’s goals. ISDs are also responsible for critical activities, such as: conducting media analysis; developing learning environment specifications; developing the learning assessment strategy and corresponding assessment tool(s); applying the Kirkpatrick™ Evaluation model to the development of training evaluation tools and reports; conducting client reviews and incorporating feedback; and customizing courses for specific training audiences.Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Systems Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education, Human Resource Development, and/or other relevant fields.
- Years of experience may vary, from 2 years (Junior ISD/entry level) to 5-8 years of experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of training software for eLearning products is desirable, specifically in authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate, Adobe Connect, and Articulate Storyline.
- Experience with Section 504/508 Compliance, particularly for asynchronous web-based training products.
- Technical proficiency with MS Office Suite needed.
- Demonstrated communication skills, and professional acumen in working with clients and colleagues is required.
- Strong organization skills; and ability to multi-task and meet client deadlines is required.